The National Pastime – Episode 14
Hosts: Melvin, Ryan, Megan, Zack, Sofia
The last episode of the season and possibly our best episode yet! Our hosts this week discuss hyperviolence in video games, but the conversation evolves into so much more.
- Just keep in mind that we recorded this early May so we didn’t know about FFXV yet…
- Melvin also says something with Halo and green blood that he confused hearing somebody talk about it rather than actual source. SORRY!
The National Pastime – Episode 13
Hosts: Melvin, Brodie, Clayton, Liz
This week, our hosts discuss the need, or lack thereof, of deep stories in video games.
- This was a really short episode because a few of our podcasters had to leave for apointments. I still think it’s a good episode, it”s just shorter than our usual.
- We recorded this before The Last of Us came out so weren’t able to include it in this conversation.
The National Pastime – Episode 3
Hosts: Melvin, Clayton, Brodie
This week on the National Pastime, we discuss taking vacations in video game worlds, the nature of micro-transactions in video games, and how shitty it can be to have micro-transactions rammed down our throats.
- Not-DnD-game: Melvin makes reference to a Not-DnD-game played with Clayton (Zack, another host of TNP, and others were there) and to clarify, the game played was sort of like DnD, but also not. They took the basic idea of role playing a zombie apocalypse and applied it to real world settings. For us, it was at our school, ACAD. We included super powers, like waterbending or dragon shouts from Skyrim, and applied damage through varied numbers of D6’s. We used the number of zombies defeated as a point of reference for leveling up. The higher level we got, the more D6’s we used for damage. Enemies would scale in level along with us. We established a certain number for HP for enemies that gradually increased as we got stronger.
Warning: More often than not, we WILL get off topic.